Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'M NOT A STONER. Wooaahh, duuude, look at my hands...

Let me start by saying this: I need glasses. Seriously, my mum and I were playing cows on a drive last week and I had such a hard time telling the difference between cows, horses, and the occasional deer that I stopped calling out "Cows" and started calling "Quadraped!"

It was not my best moment.

But anyway, I need glasses, so the other day, my mum and I went to get my eyes checked so I could get the right prescription, and let me say, it was the single most confusing experience my eyes have ever been through. There were flashing lights and blurry images and my mum being all haughty because she had better eyesight than me (but she got laser eye surgery, so it doesn't count) and at the end, the put these drops in my eyes that made my pupils dilate so I couldn't focus my eyes. And when I say dilate, I mean dilate completely. I looked like I had been possessed by a demon, there was no iris left to be seen.

And they stayed like that.

For two hours.

And when your pupils are dilated, they take in more light. Which means that for two hours I sat with my head in my arms and my eyes closed shut to make sure that no light got through to my retinas because it hurt so much. I felt like a vampire, and I probably looked like one too.

Now here's the funny thing, when I got home, my pupils still hadn't shrunk to the normal size yet, so that added to my new found sensitivity to light meant that I looked really, really stoned.

I took a picture:






And what they're supposed to look like:


Scary, isn't it? (Sorry about the crap lighting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment