Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy.

Recently, I've been feeling very shit. So, I decided that I would make a list of things that make me happy.

-Spring Break is officially here

-My beautiful girlfriend came back from Israel

-I am eating pie out of a bowl and it is delicious.

-I learned how to play Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons on the ukulele

-In art class we talked about Frida Kahlo and Louise Bourgeois

-Tom Milsom released over an hour of unreleased music and it is amazing

-Swing Club was today

-I am alive.

The last one doesn't always fall into the happy category, but right now, I'm glad to be alive. I spent the day with beautiful people doing wonderful things and right now, I am just so happy and excited about everything!
And sure, my back hurts and it's really hot (71.8ºF!! Contrary to popular stereotype, California is not all beaches and 80º on a cold day.) but right now, life is alright. And that's a damn sight better than what it has been.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, your girlfriend is Israeli?

    Also, I'm glad these things make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she is not Israli. She is Jewish, though, and she had to go to a funeral in Jerusalem.

    I'm glad things make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete