Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm a ghost. That's it. I forget I exist sometimes, then I see my reflection, and I remember that
I'm here. Except I'm not. I'm a ghost. That's why I can see the monsters. They're ghosts too. Everybody says that they're not real, and I know they can't be, but they are. I can see them, and people lie. People are stupid. They never see and they never listen, and if you see and you listen, then you're crazy. People never want to admit they're wrong, they want everything to be like them. I like my monsters. Except for sometimes. Sometimes they scare me. but sometimes I scare them, so it's okay. Sometimes I scare me, too. The big one scares me a lot. He never moves or anything. He's just there. I thought we left him behind when we moved, but he's still there. But he isn't there also. He's a ghost. Why can't people see reality? They just ignore all the things they don't like, ignore the monsters under their beds, the hearts in the floorboards. They pretend that they know what "reality" is. They don't know a thing. They ignore their monsters. The big one has strange eyes. One is red, the other is green. He has very tiny eyes. He never talks. Sometimes they talk. Sometimes they try to hurt me. Sometimes they wrap their hands around my throat when they think I'm asleep and they squeeze. Sometimes it's my own hands. But it's okay. I still like my monsters. They can try to kill me if they want to. I like my monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment