Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A study of currency and hibernation amongst teens.

This, as a lighter note to my earlier, incredibly depressing blog post, will be filled with good news andinformation. First, on the home front, we found a place! 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a secure attic. I'm telling you, one thing I will NOT miss is the raccoons in the attic. It also happens to be 4 blocks away from my school, which means no more 3 mile bike rides at 7:25 in the morning. Yes. Sleep. Speaking of sleep, I feel that I should inform any readers that sleep is very important to teenagers. We need so much of it, and we can never get enough of it. In all honesty, in a school setting, sleep is like currency. Those who don't get enough of it are depressed and often times grouchy. Those who get too much of it are generally spoiled assholes who always want more. And sleep can always be used for bartering. You can say, "Hey, I know a place where there are no teachers patrolling, and you can lie down for a bit.." or something along those lines, and immediately, you are swarmed with bidders offering anything from tutoring sessions, to food, to actual money. It's usually food though. You then select the bighest bidder, take the compensation, whisper the location, and both are on their merry way. Now then, all this talk is making me sleepy, so... Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. This is very true information. Glad you found a place, too!

    ReplyDelete